Let's Just Go Out and Ride,Talk About the Things We Try

I am actually sleepy in a good way. I have finally kicked the crappy lung thing. I just spent the day sneezing from ragweed and crystal clear weather. When it is dry,clear and breezy outside, the ragweed seems to affect me the worst. I just took some Benedryl and I am feeling a good sleep coming.
I know I need to knock off the last blog. I never want to be one of those deleters, but I do regret spewing so much anger. I'll leave it as a reminder that I am human and get pissed. Good friends,pets and equine loving got me back on track.
Veritas has been getting stronger and more supple every day. I can really feel him rounding up and his back is much softer. What I love about him is his light mouth. I never have to keep a death grip on him and can trail ride him on the buckle. Love that!
Best of all, is he now recognizes my car. He is usually by the gate waiting for me by the time I get a halter to lead him to the barn. At the risk of sounding like a dorky Sally Fields~ he likes me. He really likes me. I suspect that it is actually his love of animal crackers that I keep in my pockets and the fact that I know his favorite scritchy spots. It is incredibly therapeutic to ride a horse that always seems happy. I love that he is lazy. We both enjoy my habit of getting out of the saddle and just hanging out. I sit while Tas grazes and we watch hawks soar over the cornfields, listen to the wind rustle the drying stalks, and the falling leaves.

Fuzzy Ear!


Being lazy and watching the world go by

How can I possibly stay mad at the world when it is so damned beautiful?

Here is another song Ryan makes me ride to. Today, it fit Veritas and I perfectly. That Ryan, he is pretty damned smart in his song choices.

Click here to watch "Beautiful-12-29"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch This Space

Face It

Exhale and Inhale