Know That the Light Don't Sleep

I am suddenly back in love with my home state. We had a glorious snow yesterday. Forecasters were calling for flurries and we ended up with over three inches. It was that fluffy,coat everything, kind of snow. Streets and sidewalks were easily cleared but the brown and grey mud was covered. This morning I watched the sun rise through the trees and turn everything in to diamonds. That is when I love the snow best. The snow actually sparkles in the sun and looks like the world is encased in glitter. I decided that Veritas just might feel the same way about snow as I do. I was right. I saddled him up this morning and took him out for a trail ride. He seemed just as enthralled as I was. There is absolutely nothing better than hacking out in unbroken snow with a horse. Against the white backdrop, you see birds fluttering in the bushes, deer dashing out from the trees, foxes scurrying ahead of you as if to race you to the next bend. The world takes on the muffled song that comes from Veritas clomping on to the blanket of powdered snow. It seems as if nature itself starts dancing to it's beat. The whole time he had his head up and he snorted puffs of steam out in to the frigid air. I could tell he didn't want to miss a single thing and kept looking around. I am just so grateful that through his eyes he has made me once again take notice of my surroundings. Riding 'Tas makes me feel like I am seeing things clearly after waking from a long sleep. After we returned to the barn I looked out across the snow covered fields and heard a song in my head. It seems to describe exactly what today was. It was the day I discovered that no matter how dark it may seem at times, my Light don't sleep.



David Gray is one of those musicians who sounds even better live than in a studio. This is one of my all time favorite songs. Lyrics are amazing.


PEACE!

Comments

SweetPeaSurry said…
I couldn't WATCH David, he's bouncing around too much, lovely song though.

Anyway ... I'm bloppin' by
Evanesco said…
LOL! I believe David Gray was doing his Joe Cocker/ John Belushi impersonation.
He is like that his entire concert. I was exhausted just watching for two hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Face It

Aint That What You Said?

Watch This Space