No, Really. I am Happy.

Aaaack. Summer is truly winding down quick. It was still dark when I woke up this morning and it was cool enough to need a sweat shirt.
Both Romeo and Sydney have scratches on their legs. It comes from constant exposure to the dew on the grass. I have been trying to make a more concerted effort to brush them every day and to medicate their legs before I turn them out. After owning Syd for a year, I can finally admit that she is one bitchy mare. Every time I try and gently remove the scurf from her legs, she aims to give me a nose job with a well placed kick. I finally gave up this morning and I am ashamed to admit I threatened the glue factory if she kept up her attitude. The worst part? I think I really meant it.
This is the time of year that I feel the weight of depression setting in. I guess I am a sun whore. I just can't get enough daylight. The waning days of summer give me a sense of dread that I can't shake off. I don't mind the cooler weather or the change of seasons. I just wish it would still stay light out until 9pm.
My long time coworker finally broke the news to my boss that she and her husband are adopting a baby in October. She plans to take a three month maternity leave and cut her hours down to three days a week. Although I am happy for her that she will finally have a baby, I was crushed that my request to go back to a four day week schedule is once again delayed, indefinitely. I will probably be working even more hours to accommodate her clients while she is on her leave. I keep trying to focus on the positives. I will be making much more money. Working more, means I have less time to think. It forces me out of bed every day. Ummmm, think how much more sociable you are when you work. It makes Joe happy. Where did that come from??? Hell with him. I'm not happy working. Period. Work sucks.
Once again, I am wondering where my real parents are. You know, the ones with a trust fund waiting for me. *sigh* I just want to stay in bed with the covers over my head. I will only come out to ride Veritas or to sit on the beach, staring at the sun over the ebbing sea.
I guess I better go get ready for work. Happyhappyhappy. Really. I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aint That What You Said?

Face It

Watch This Space