Are You Gellin' ?

The helliday is barreling down fast. For once I actually don't feel too stressed about it. Work is insanely busy but the extra money has made it worthwhile. I managed to pay off all of my credit cards and the rest went to the vet for Romeo's bill and extra hay that we needed while they were stall bound.
Romeo really had a tough time last week. Although the stitches were healing well he developed laminitis in his front feet. This probably happened because he was rocking his weight forward and on to his front feet. On top of that, the massive doses of antibiotics started screwing with his whole system. He developed an abscess in his right front hoof. What makes it trickier is that it is located right beside his coffin bone. Horse people know that the adage, "no hoof, no horse" comes along the aptly named coffin bone. If this bone is compromised in any way it becomes a death sentence. Every morning I take his therapeutic wrap off and carefully clean and examine where the pinhole on the bottom of his hoof is located. I have been saying a lot of prayers as I re-wrap the hoof that could still prove to be his downfall. I did find a gel-type hoof boot that gives extra cushion. It was cute to watch him walk with his front feet encased in gel. That Dr. Scholls comercial comes to mind. Romeo~ he's gellin'.
Because of the massive doses of antibiotics we had to have an IV of fluids last week. Everything goes right through the poor boy's stomach. I found a horse equivalent of Pepto Bismol with pro-biotics and he finally started to have some solid poop. On the brighter note: the stitches came out and the wound looks great. I keep focusing on how well he healed from that. Romeo is like the cat with nine lives. He just keeps coming back.
I know I have said it before but I love our vet. He has been awesome through this and I am so grateful we found him.
Because of my insane schedule I haven't ridden 'Tas much. There are lights in the ring but I am too exhausted after standing for ten hours at work to try and ride after. I miss the younger me who never dreamed of it being too hot,too cold or worse~ too tired to ride.
I had a lesson on Sunday morning and then told Ryan I will have to wait until the new year to schedule any more lessons. Every weekend in December, something is up. He will continue to ride Veritas for me so at least he will stay in shape and in a good mind set.
So, the family comes to my crib for the helliday. Yay! I am happy. I haven't entertained in my home for awhile and this is the first holiday at my house for a couple years.
Well, I am running late so I am off to get ready for work. I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys the turkey day. Please send some White Light to Romeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aint That What You Said?

Face It

Watch This Space