Sitting by the Window


Snowy Sydney

What Hell is this?

snow fence

Creek behind the farm

"Moby? Please tell me you are not that depressed!"
It was a statement from the recent phone conversation I had with Ryan.
"Noooo, Moby Grape," I replied. Of course, the very young Ryan doesn't know who Moby Grape is. I recently added a couple tracks on my Sansa player to listen while riding Veritas. Ryan is always interested in what I am listening to. I personally know that what I listen to is a barometer for what my mood is. I don't know why it comes as a shock that someone else might figure that barometer out. Note to self: if you are denying depression~never mention Moby.

Seriously, I am not listening to Moby or feel the least bit depressed. My fog has finally started to lift. I think the fact that I am once again swamped with equine clients on my weekends has my brain circulating again. When I am working with the horses I don't have time to be anything but happy. I run in to trouble when I am not working. Hmmmm. I may be on to a revelation,here.

Last week we had a sleet and ice storm. That put a small funk in my week. I hate freezing rain. Snow~I love. Ice and having to drive in ice~frozen ground that I can't ride a horse~ice? I am ready to run off to a warmer climate.

We had another heavy snow yesterday.I finally stayed home from work with a wicked cold. This morning was perfectly clear and sunny. I still felt crappy enough to actually call out a second day. The only good thing is most of my clients at the salon had cancelled due to the weather. It made me feel less guilty staying home in bed watching the snow whirl outside my window. My sinuses hurt so bad I couldn't even focus on the book I was reading. I am now wondering how much aspirin it takes to eat a hole in your stomach?

Anyhoo, no ice, no Moby and my stomach hasn't disintegrated. Life is good. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch This Space

Face It

Outside the Wall