Alive and Kickin'

I am dreadfully behind in everything. I have a stack of half read books next to my bed and a slew of half written blogs that I have never bothered to complete. I guess that is where my brain is right now. Half full.
Today is St. Patrick's Day. Normal people just think it is no big deal. That is, unless you live in the surrounding suburbs of a North East city of the USA. Since last Saturday a school bus pulls up daily to the pubs across the street from my shop. A sea of green attired drunks pour out and take part of a bar crawl known as the Erin Express. Today will be no exception. It amazes me how many people I know from my home town will take vacation days today and tomorrow to partake in this event. I don't have a speck o' Irish in me so I guess that's why this Canadian just doesn't get it.
I am even behind in my training with Veritas. The weather has been erratic and rainy. I feel the next onslaught of depression looming over me. I need sun and warmth to get it's ass over here before I fall back in to a funk.
The one really positive thing going on is that I finally found a miracle drug for my allergies. Singulair. I had no idea how shitty I was feeling until I started this medication a few days ago. I now suspect that is why my head is always so fuzzy. It was filled half way with histamine. It is also why I have been getting cold after cold this winter. My poor lungs just can't take it without some help. It goes against my grain to rely on the meds but I have to concede to the fact that my profession is filled with toxic fumes. My lungs are in sad shape from years of hair dressing.
No real point to my ramblings today. Just wanted my e-mailers to know that yes, I am alive and I am doing fine. The horses are fine, the cats are fine, the rabbits are always fine. (hmmmm, why do I suffer from allergies???) I am finally breathing~for real. Life is good.

Comments

Yes, so many 'animals' around it's not surprising you suffer the sneezys.

Popular posts from this blog

Aint That What You Said?

Face It

Watch This Space