Just because I like the word. Piss-Ant.

Well, not what I was expecting. After a delay yesterday because a file was misplaced, Prick was finally sentenced today. Six months consecutive of the four months he is serving now.
Not only did no one from the DA's office call me this morning, we found out from a friend who works at the courthouse. She called my best friend to have her break the news to me. I was in the middle of a haircut when she called. I have no memory of finishing the cut.
Later I called my friend back. She was trying to force me to see the positive.
"His sentencing includes him being on Parole and he will have to report to a Domestic Violence PO Caseworker.It also specifies that it include a 16 week program for Domestic Violence and attending AA meetings every day for 90 days.So, it's all good. AA, everyday." I could hear that perky tone that makes me insane. We all know that tone. It's when someone knows something sucks but doesn't want you to know it.
I hate to admit this. I freaked on her. Who are we kidding,here? This asshole has been in AA for at least 22 years. He went to a fucking meeting the afternoon he beat the crap out of me. I am so disgusted with him hiding behind AA. If I said it once, I will say it again... Alcoholics don't beat up women. Assholes do. Is there an Assholes Anonymous??? How about the court mandates that? I was his fifth arrest for Domestic Violence. Every arrest mandated DV counseling. Excuse me, IT ISN'T WORKING!
OK, so the court is mandating he check in with a DV Probation Officer. What man goes in for a meeting with his PO and says, "hey, I slugged my partner today, she pissed me off. Then I stalked all of my ex girlfriends here in PA and in Nebraska. Why? Meh. I had time on my hands at my piss-ant, minimum wage job that I have hours of unsupervised telephone and computer access.They deserve it."
Hmmmm,I don't think that is quite what he would say.
After five separate arrests and three Protection From Abuse Orders and three parole violations, can someone please tell me why I should be happy with six months?
I have known my best friend since age 15. It was the first time I think I really wigged on her and I feel awful. I called her later and apologised for shooting the messenger but I am still hurt that she just doesn't get it.She doesn't understand that I'm not pissed off for me. I'm pissed off for every woman who has been beaten down by first her partner and then the judicial system. Once again, I am left with the knowledge that most women already know at the Domestic Violence Center. People will tell you that going to court is the right thing to do. What we all know is that it doesn't make much of a difference. They walk off free in a matter of months and we feel our freedom of Inner Peace is taken away again. It is not until that man finally kills someone and then everyone will shake their fists demanding to know why his past record didn't keep him in jail.
*sigh*
Rant over. Life goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch This Space

Face It

Exhale and Inhale